Wineglass Bay & Freycinet National Park
Walk to the Wineglass Bay lookout to see one of the “World’s Top 10 beaches!”
Join us for a fun & action- packed day out as we discover the “Jewel in the Crown” of Tasmania’s east coast. We enjoy a variety of short walks, National Park coastal scenery & delicious local food opportunities along the way (local oysters, berries, ice-creams and hand-made chocolates!)
Wineglass Bay is nestled in the Freycinet National Park on the East Coast of Tasmania. One of Tasmania’s first National Parks this is a coastal area rich in stunning landscapes. Pink granite mountains form the backdrop for secluded bays, pristine waters, white sandy beaches, local wildlife and walking trails.
- Explore Freycinet National Park (4+ hours)
- Walk to the spectacular Wineglass Bay Lookout (moderate uphill walk 45 mins)
- Choose the option to extend your walk to the white sands of Wineglass Bay (longer walking option 2.5 hours)
- Visit the highlights of Freycinet National Park - Honeymoon Bay & Sleepy Bay
- Take in the spectacular 360 degree views on the Cape Tourville Lighthouse Walk (easy 20 mins)
- Enjoy some fresh oysters at Freycinet Marine Farm
- Reward yourself with a tasty ice-cream at Kate’s Berry Farm – delicious!
- Check out the unusual convict built Spiky Bridge
- National Park entrance fee
- Professional guides & interpretative walks
- Small, friendly groups
- Airport drop offs on request with prior arrangement
- Courtesy pickup is available from select Hobart Hotels between 7am and 7.25am.
- Children under 8 years are not permitted on this tour
- Requires good mobility and adequate fitness
- Minimum number of 4 passengers to operate. Tour vehicles range in size from a maximum seating capacity of 13 passengers or 20 passengers
- Day 1 : Freycinet National ParkWe depart Hobart heading east then following the coastline north, with amazing views of Maria Island and the coastal scenery along the way. We travel through the seaside towns of Orford and Swansea as we make our way to Freycinet National Park. As we enter the Freycinet peninsula, we have a brief stop at the Freycinet Marine Farm for anyone interested in the local oysters, mussels or crayfish fresh from the pristine waters. We walk as a group to the Wineglass Bay Lookout, this is a moderate uphill walk of around 45 minutes. Once at the top you are rewarded with that world – famous view of Wineglass Bay and the stunning Freycinet National Park. Enjoy the moment, take in the views and let our guides help you with those sought after photographs. The walk to Wineglass Bay Lookout is one of the Great Short Walks of Tasmania and requires good mobility and adequate fitness. It is 1.3 km uphill, before returning downhill. Sturdy footwear, runners are fine are best for this walk. From the Lookout you have the option to return to the start of the walk with our tour guide, or for the keen walkers you can choose to spend the rest of your time completing the walk down to Wineglass beach. Wineglass Bay Beach Walk – This is a 2.5 hr return walk and adequate fitness is required. Our tour has ample time for you to do the full walk to Wineglass Bay Beach and return. Once on the beach you can enjoy our lunch in this stunning setting, jump in the pristine waters for a swim, or wander along the white sands. This is one of the most rewarding walks in Tasmania to a stunning location. If you prefer to select the shorter walking option, then we return from the Wineglass Bay Lookout with our Tour Guide and explore other areas of Freycinet National Park. Visit Honeymoon Bay, Sleepy Bay, Cape Tourville Lighthouse & Great Short Walk. After a very full 4 – 5 hours at Freycinet National Park we begin the trip back to Hobart. We have a short stop to see the local highlight, convict built Spikey Bridge and no trip to the East Coast is complete without a stop at the delicious Kate’s Berry Farm. Kate is serving up Berry Ice-creams, desserts and other sweet delights such as jams, sauces, chocolates and jellies, a delectable way to finish the day! We return to Drop you off at the end of your tour to the Tasmanian Travel & Information Centre, a central location near restaurants and shops in the popular Hobart waterfront area between 6:30 and 7pm.Meals :None
Pick up commences from 7.00am.
Meeting point for tour departure is 7.25am from the Tasmanian Travel & Information Centre at 20 Davey Street, Hobart.
Courtesy pickup is available from select Hobart Hotels between 7am and 7.25am. Please contact your tour operator at least 48 hours prior to departure to arrange at email@example.com
Drop off at the end of your tour is to the Tasmanian Travel & Information Centre, a central location near restaurants and shops in the popular Hobart waterfront area
Duration: 1 Day
Departs: Hobart 7.30am
Returns: Hobart 7.00pm
There are no additional charges.
Meals/snacks/drinks are not included. You may bring your lunch and snacks with you, otherwise there will be an opportunity to purchase a Bakery style take away lunch along the way.