Wineglass Bay And Maria Island Wildlife Scenic Flight From Hobart
Experience the spectacular scenery of the East Coast of Tasmania from the air and ground. The tour will overfly the Freycinet Peninsula and Wineglass Bay before landing at Maria Island, here you'll explore and have a chance to get close with the local wildlife and enjoy some of Tasmania's finest produce before flying back to Hobart.
per adult from
What's included :
- National Park fees
- Gourmet Seafood Platter and Tasmanian Premium Wine
- All activities
- Live commentary on board
- Local professional guide
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Pass By: Freycinet National Park, Coles Bay Road, Coles Bay, Freycinet, Tasmania 7215 Australia
Fly towards and over the top of the Freycinet Peninsula on Tasmania’s East Coast. Freycinet National Park is one of Tasmania’s very first National Parks (est. 1916) and is home to dramatic pink granite mountains, secluded bays, crystal clear waters and pristine white beaches.
Pass By: Wineglass Bay, Freycinet rd, Coles Bay, Freycinet, Tasmania Australia
Freycinet is home to Tasmania’s and arguably Australia’s most iconic white sands beach – Wineglass Bay, the aerial view of this sight is something truly spectacular and an unforgettable.
From the Freycinet Peninsula, we fly over the seal colony of Ile Des Phoques, then we continue our scenic flight towards our destination, Maria Island.
Stop At: Maria Island, Maria Island, Tasmania
Here we’ll land and set off on an exploration of the island national park. Maria Island’s pristine untouched beaches, the crystal clear waters of the surrounding marine reserve and scenery like the magnificent Mt Maria and Bishop and Clerk peaks will take your breath away. Wander through forests of magnificent blue and white gums, some of them over 400 years old. You’ll step back in time and walk where convicts and explorers have walked before you.
At the Fossils Cliffs you’ll see shellfish fossil beds unlike any other in the world. Maria Island is also famous for its abundance of wildlife being home to rare and endangered species like the Swift Parrot and Cape Barron Goose, Wombats, Kangaroos and of course, the Tasmanian Devil. It’s difficult to describe the beauty of Maria Island, you really have to see it to believe it.
Stop At: Maria Island National Park, Tasmania Australia
As you interact with the Maria Island’s local wildlife and take in the spectacular scenery your guide will prepare a bountiful Tasmanian picnic looking over the Northern end of the majestic national park, this feast is full of some of Tasmania’s finest offerings, consisting of fresh Oysters, Mussels, Salmon, Mackerel, Scallops, Octopus, all locally sourced from Tasmanian’s beautiful and clean waterways, this seafood smorgusboard is accompanied with paired Tasmanian premium white wine. Please note, if seafood isn’t your liking that’s not a problem at all, just let us know at the time of booking and we’ll happy source a beautiful mix of different Tasmanian produce.
• Tasmanian seafood - Fresh Tasmanian seafood including Oysters
Departure Point :Par Avion, 115 Kennedy Dr, Cambridge TAS 7170, Australia
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Face Masks required to be worn in Airport Terminal and on board our aircraft - we will provide these for you in required
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.