Wonders of Vatican: Museums, Sistine Chapel and St Peter's Basilica Guided Tour
Fully uncover the unimaginable Papal state with a guided tour of Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St Peter's Basilica. Choose from multiple starting times and join an insightful guide to enter the most comprehensive collections of artwork in the world. Appreciate the sculptures and paintings in the famous Pio Clementino and other museums. Take in the mastery of Michelangelo when gazing at the jaw-dropping ceiling of the Sistine Chapel. And finally and above all, lose yourself in the gigantic St Peter's Basilica while the guide will provide a fascinating background of the outstanding masterpieces in the largest catholic church ever built.
• Enjoy saving hours of waiting time with an allocated entry for groups
• See the largest collection of arts including gems of Raphael, Bernini and many more
• Hear stories behind the masterpieces from an expert guide
• Take glances of Michelangelo's legendary frescoes at Sistine Chapel
• Guided tour of astounding St Peter's Basilica
per adult from
What's included :
- Entry to Sistine Chapel & Vatican Museum
- Entry to St Peter's Basilica
- Spanish Tour 9:30 AM/11:00 AM/15:30 PM
- Professional English speaking guide
- Headsets for clear narrations
- A small group of a maximum of 22 travellers (Only for 7:30 am Tour)
- Entry/Admission - Vatican Museums
- Entry/Admission - Sistine Chapel
- Entry/Admission - St. Peter's Basilica
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Food or Drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Vatican Museums, Viale Vaticano, 00120 Vatican City Italy
"Explore the astonishing main galleries of the Vatican. A combination of Gallery of the Tapestries, Gallery of the Candelabra, and the most popular Gallery of the Maps. Authorized by several Popes, these galleries are truly eye-opening.
See the galleries dedicated to Raphael, one of the genius artists of the Italian Renaissance. With his other masterpieces, see his most famous painting the School of Athens. This painting will catch your interest long before you enter Raphael's Rooms. Because it is printed on the entry tickets of Vatican Museums.
Visit Borgia Apartments that involve the oldest known representation of native Americans in Europe. Pinturicchio frescoed the apartments who was also a co-pupil of Raphael. Hear some incredible and interesting facts about the suites from your guide. Including what technique Pinturicchio used that gave a three-dimensional effect on the walls.
A guided exploration of these extensive collections frescoes, artworks and sculptures will get you warmed up for the astonishing masterpieces ahead."
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Sistine Chapel, Viale Vaticano, 00165 Vatican City Italy
If you are wondering which is the most famous work inside the Vatican? It is undoubtedly Sistine Chapel by Michelangelo. You will get yourself emerged in flawless Sistine Chapel full of marvellous frescoes illustrating stories from the Bible. See Michelangelo's most famous painting the undefinable "Creation of Adam". It is forbidden to speak or take photographs inside the chapel. But you will get plenty of time to get yourself indulged in its magnificent beauty.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: St. Peter's Basilica, Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Vatican City Italy
Enter St Peter's Basilica without long lines using an exclusive skip the line entry. This is a massive church approximately large as two American football fields and full of artworks by some admired artists in history. Explore all the masterpieces situated there including Michelangelo's La Peita, Bernini's Baldacchino and St Peter's statue. Go underneath the basilica with a guide to visit the Papal tombs before the tour ends. Your guided tour will end here and if you wish you can explore the Vatican on your won. This tour will surely make space in your travel diary!
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Via Vespasiano, 26, 00192 Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :Saint Peter's Square, Piazza San Pietro, Città del Vaticano, Vatican City
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Both men and women must cover their knees and shoulders to enter the religious venues
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Carrying a big bag/luggage is not allowed during the tour
- The sites are not wheelchair accessible
- Travellers requested to arrive at the meeting point 20 minutes before the tour starting time. Tours are time-sensitive and late arrivals cannot be accommodated
- Parts of Vatican Museums and St Peter's Basilica may remain closed without prior announcements for religious ceremonies. These are fully the decisions of Vatican authorities, and the tour operator will not agree on any refunds.
- Most travelers can participate
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 22 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- If you book any tour and for any reason, if you don’t bring the mask or gloves, we’ll provide that. But, we highly recommend keeping COVID-19 safety equipment with you. You are suggested to follow all safety guidelines.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.