With the experiences of visiting of Yangon city which is the former capital of Myanmar. Compared with other Asian cities of similar size it gives the impression of being green and full of trees, above which shimmering pagodas seem to float. The centre of Yangon still retains many impressive old buildings from the British colonial period. Highlights of this tour is a Traditional Burmese puppetry, Htwe Oo Myanmar marionette troupe with the aim of restoring interest in the culturally significant art form.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Transport by private vehicle
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Professional guide
- Entry/Admission - The Mighty Myanmar Travel
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- The listed price does not include, payable at the time of tour check-in.
- Visa Arrangements
- International flight tickets to/from Yangon
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Mighty Myanmar Travel, 130 5f, Bagaya Street, San Chaung Township, Yangon (Rangoon) 11111 Myanmar
Our guide will pick you up at the hotel in the morning and we will start visiting Chaukhtatgyi Reclining Buddha. This Buddha is located in a large metal-roofed pavilion on Shwegondine Road, only a short distance east beyond the Shwedagon Pagoda.
To experience the colourful country side of Yangon, we will board to ‘city circle train’ for 30 minutes ride which runs from Yangon’s main railway station in a circle around various neighbourhoods in town and on the outskirts of town.
You will be driven back to downtown to visit Botataung Pagoda. Bo means “leader” and tataung is “1,000” – the Botataung Pagoda was named after the 1,000 military soldiers who escorted relics of the Buddha brought from India over 2,000 years ago.
Continue along the famous Strand Road and visit the bustling Yangon harbour. Then we will continue to explore the Scott Market. This sprawling, over 70 years old market has the largest selection of Burmese handicrafts you will find under one roof. (Closed on every Monday and public holidays)
Then we will go and watch Htway Oo Myanmar Traditional Puppet Show: A Traditional Burmese puppetry, Htwe Oo Myanmar marionette troupe, is a place where Myanmar Traditional and cultural heritage of puppetry could be seen and learned in Yangon. They will perform the traditional puppet show with the aim of restoring interest in the culturally significant art form. Puppetry has a long history in Burma and was once performed as entertainment for the country’s royalty and at the seasonal festivals.
End of the day you are going to visit the Shwedagon Pagoda, the highlight of any trip to Yangon, and indeed to Myanmar itself, is a visit to the Shwedagon Pagoda. The 2,600 years old gilded Shwedagon Pagoda, located in midtown Yangon between the People’s Park and the Kandawgyi Lake, appears most beautiful during the early mornings or evenings.
After the sightseeing, we will be back to the hotel.
Duration: 10 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Yangon International Airport, Yangon Airport Rd, Yangon, Myanmar (Burma)
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Most travelers can participate
- Wheelchair accessible
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.