Zhytomyr Weekend Tour
You will intract with local people, explore a polissian village, sightsee Zhytomyr city and introduce to its diverse history, enjoy some nature spots, visit Museum of Cosmonautics and private Museum of Mechanics and Soviet Past, enjoy traditional Polissya homemade food.
How you will make a difference
At Active Ukraine we travel responsibly and encourage others to do so as well! Check out how this particular trip is helping you to make a difference and bring positive impact to Ukrainian community.
• You interact with local people and get to know the real country
• Your guides are local and give you in-depth knowledge about Ukraine
What's included :
- English speaking guide
- Meals : day 1 – lunch and dinner, day 2 – breakfast
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
- Day 1 – Old times and nature of Polissya
You will go on a tour around Zhytomyr region, which is famous for its vast forests and granite deposits. Our first destination will be Radomyshl – a small town full of secrets and surprises we’ll try to reveal. You will visit its top attraction – Radomysl Castle exhibiting a unique collection of Ukrainian home icons. You will go on a tour around the castle, learn how to make paper and check out the tavern’s menu. After lunch you will travel to Horodske Village to discover some very special places. You will visit PoliskaKhata cultural center and meet its host. Here you will get an insight into Ukrainian rural life, meet locals (a smith or basket weaver) and go on a tour around the village.Our next overnight stop will give you an opportunity to enjoy the evening amidst awesome nature scenes or relax at a lounge bar.
Day 2 – Zhytomyr. Soviet time touch
The second day will begin with a breakfast and visit to one of the natural wonders of Ukraine – Korostyshiv Canyon, while the rest of the day will be devoted to Zhytomyr City. Starting with the city’s oldest part and ancient history, we will gradually pass to its Soviet past, visualized by apartment block houses and numerous WWII monuments. To strengthen your impressions of Zhytomyr as time capsule of the Soviet era, you will visit Museum of Cosmonautics dedicated to USSR space exploration, and a private museum of mechanisms, tools and Soviet articles. To make the day even more special, you will have a chance to check out the best places serving original local dishes and specialties.
Departure Point :Route Kiev-Zhytomyr-Radomyshl-Kiev
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Where you will stay:
- One night in a hotel
- Pick up and Drop Off:
- Car transfer according to the route
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Organised by Active Ukraine Ltd