Aboriginal Cultural Experience at Flames of the Forest, Port Douglas
Aboriginal Cultural Experience. Flames of the Forest - 10 minutes from Port Douglas, 30 minutes from Palm Cove, 50 minutes from Cairns and a world away from the everyday. Step into a magical place - the rainforest at night - and in this timeless setting relax with the warm glow of Australian hospitality, fabulous food and a selection of wines.
As an exciting, unique and unforgettable dining alternative to a Port Douglas restaurant experience, the natural beauty of Flames of the Forest will enchant you, creating an everlasting memory of this spectacular region.
Choose your special evening experience with us.
Aboriginal Cultural Experience - Tuesday & Thursday evenings
Learn about Australia's oldest living and connect with two local indigenous brothers in the timeless and spiritual setting of the world's oldest living rainforest whilst they share a piece of their remarkable culture with you, in a setting where they adventured as children.
Set in the traditional grounds of the Kuku Yalanji people, we invite you to connect with our country’s ancient people through storytelling, didgeridoo and song whilst immersed under the canopy of the rainforest. Seating your with other travellers, we create a world connection and blend contemporary food with an intimate, Indigenous performance, encouraging you to explore, through your mind, something new by way of the eyes of another.
This fully inclusive evening includes a cultural background, story telling, ever inspiring didgeridoo playing and mesmerizing, haunting song coupled with an abundant, locally sourced, seven dish plattered banquet served to shared tables of ten and a selection of wonderful wines.
- Flaming arrival and candle lit forest
- Pre dinner drinks with sparkling wine and canapes
- Protection from the weather Gods under a magnificent, black silk lined marquee highlighted by sparkling, handmade, crystal, glowing orb and bud light chandeliers
- Seven dish plattered banquet dinner served to your table
- Australian sparkling wine, red and white wine, beer, soft drinks and juices
- Aboriginal cultural performance by two brothers featuring storytelling, didgeridoo and song
- Shared tables of ten so you can enjoy the company of other intrepid travellers
- Return coach transfers from your hotel (self drive not available)