Australian Reptile Park
Australian Reptile Park is a hands-on zoo located in a natural bush setting on the Central Coast of NSW, home to exotic reptiles from around the world and a wide variety of Australian native animals. Enjoy live entertaining shows, themed exhibits and behind the scenes tours.
Learn about conservation work undertaken by keepers including the Tasmanian devil breeding program at Devil Ark, and our lifesaving snake and spider venom collection work.
Only 60 minutes from Sydney or Newcastle, Australian Reptile Park is a centrepiece attraction of the greater Central Coast, Hunter Valley and Port Stephens regions.Look out for park mascot Ploddy the dinosaur visible on the mountain top before the Gosford exit heading north on the M1.
The Australian Reptile Park was established in 1948 by the late and great ERIC WORRELL – Australia’s first naturalist. It is now regarded as one of the countries premier attractions. The Australian Reptile Park is the only zoo in Australia committed to saving lives with a venom milking program in place for the past 50+ years, saving over 300 lives each year being the sole supplier of a variety of venoms, which is used for all snake and funnel-web anti-venom in Australia.
The Australian Reptile Park is a world renowned hands-on zoo and boasts loads of animal interaction and exciting wildlife shows.
* Hand feed kangaroos in our free range kangaroo area
* Have a close encounter with some of the park’s scaly and furry animals during Snappy Hour which runs 11am-2pm daily.
* Enjoy a walk with visitor favourite Hugo, the giant Galapagos tortoise.
* Guests can also see Elvis, NSW’s crankiest crocodile, fed at 1:30pm on weekends and during school holidays.
* For those brave enough, see native and exotic reptiles and spiders in our unique exhibits The Lost World of Reptiles and Spider World, featuring Tarantula-ville which is home to some of the largest spiders in Australia!
* Discover how The Australian Reptile Park is helping save the iconic Tasmanian devil with their exciting conservation project, Devil Ark.
* Have a photo with a snugly python or cuddly koala and create a memory that will last a lifetime!
* Enjoy the children’s adventure playground, cafe and picnic area and free BBQs.
* Ask about our Behind the Scenes tours and Kids to Keepers programs!
The Australian Reptile Park and Wildlife Sanctuary is regarded as one of the country's premier attractions and is the only zoo in Australia committed to saving lives with a spider and snake Venom-Milking Program in place.
Operational hours: Monday - Sunday 9 AM - 5 PM.