Bartle Frere Trail, Queensland
LOOKING AFTER THE WALK!
Please help protect this area and keep it in its natural state.
- Do not chase, scare or feed animals.
- Take all rubbish home with you, including food scraps.
- Use fuel stoves only. Open fires are not permitted.
- Always stay on the trail. Do not cut corners or create new tracks.
- Wash at least 50m from creeks and rivers. Use gritty sand, hot water and a scourer to clean dishes. Avoid allowing soap, detergents, toothpaste and cosmetics to come into contact with creeks.
- Toilets are not provided. Use a trowel to bury toilet waste and paper. Dig a 15cm hole at least 100m away from watercourses and tracks. Take all sanitary items home with you as they do not decompose.
- Remember this is a national park—everything is protected.
Description & image credit: https://parks.des.qld.gov.au/